My real name is Christoph Koenig. I am a student of educational sciences at the University of Hamburg, Germany. I stumbled over open source and into MusicBrainz when I was somewhere in between educational philosophy (Bildung), theories of autonomous learning and postmodern sociology, and realized that open source hackers were doing what these scientists were writing about. I have since done a qualitative research on the Torvalds-Tanenbaum-Deabte and written my masters thesis about "Processes of Learning and Bildung in Open Source Software Projects".
So, this is a non-hackers version of how somebody gets addicted to MusicBrainz. I cannot code but am somewhat of a professional of communication, and I found MB pretty exciting in this regard.
I am a great fan of soft security and I argue against most formal structures when I believe that things could work without them. While often people tend to argue for formal structures when they believe that things might break without them. In this respect I got and get involved in lengthy discussions on the MailingLists and on the MusicBrainzWiki.
This is usually hoplessly out of date. But these are the things I have been involved here (For a more up to date list, just look for my name on RecentChanges)
- Design of the WikiDocs system (May 2005 -- ...).
- I have been arguing for a restructuring of the MailingLists for some time now. See MailingListDiscussion. This has lead to the creation of a new ExpertsMailingList in June 2005.
- Documentation of AdvancedRelationshipTypes together with MatthewExon (May 2005).
- Design of a SimpleAdvancedRelationshipInterface mostly with RobertKaye (Nov 2004 -- Mar 2005)
- Found sone time to help Dupuy with his great effort of RestructuringTheDocumentation (somewhere in 2004).
- I started to RestructureTheWiki In May 2004. Since then it has become a usable place for MusicBrainz users.
Kind of To DO List
This is so out of date, you cannot even imaginr how much. Don't really know why I keep it here :-)
- Get MusicBrainzTerminology, MusicBrainzDocumentation and OfficialStyleGuidelines strongly intertwingled.
- Delete CandidateForDeletion (I need to login for that)
- purge unnessesary MilesDavisses