From MusicBrainz Wiki
|Status: This is an official style guideline.|
The Style Principles
If you ask yourself in what style something should be entered into MusicBrainz, the following principles apply:
- Follow Artist intent.
- If no definite proof can be found for the correct spelling/punctuation, the most common version should be used.
- Follow the style guidelines.
This can also be explained from the bottom upwards:
- Usually you stick to the style guidelines.
- If you are still unsure how to enter something because it is labelled inconsistently on official sources, use the most common version.
- Finally there is the notion of Artist intent. If you can show that the artist intended something to be stylized a special way, then you should enter it like that into the database.