MusicBrainz Community Projects
Somewhere in 2006 some Contributors have started to found small CommunityProject
s around specialized areas. This helps people to coordinate their editing efforts and to find like minded editors and with knowledge in similar areas.
In fact such projects and joined efforts are the way to deal with the growth of both the community and the database. Feel free to contact, or join these groups, or found a new one!
List of Projects
- Every month a new artist is chosen from a list of nominations to be the subject of Collaboration of the Month. The aim is to work as a team to provide the most complete discography possible for a major artist in one month.
- This page lists artist pages that need regular cleaning up (e.g. Artists like Intro, Mozart, etc. that get attributed with tracks that belong to another artist).
- This page tries to list all releases that have tracks that consist of more than one song by more than one artist.
- This page tries to list all releases that have PregapTracks.
- The Jazz project contains a number of resources for jazz oriented editors (compositions list in their canonical form, list of collections to tidy, informations about labels, a "jazzy wiktionary", a quote board and more). The Soul project is still in its infancy, and for now just has a compositions list. (what exactly is this for, and should it be renamed to JazzGroup or JazzCommunity or so? --DonRedman)
- The Jazz "project" is mainly my pet pages. But the exception of Jazz/Compositions, none of these pages were used by anyone else as far as I can tell, and both Jazz/Labels and Jazz/Collections should be migrated. Similarly, the Soul project doesn't hold any content but Soul/Compositions. Both these "compositions" pages are very valuable IMHO. So yes, maybe the compositions projects could be reorganized/regrouped. As for a JazzGroup/JazzCommunity, I guess we just lack the second part of the camel word... DeleteWhenCooked. -- dmppanda 19:57, 06 April 2007 (UTC)
- This page tracks the cleaning effort for French artists.
- This page provides translations of musical terms commonly found in track titles and release titles.
- This page gathers what we'd miss if switching to the forums.
See also AdditionalMetadata.
Further Details and Discussion
Are there any more existing projects? If so, please add them!
IIUC not all of these are "community projects" but more of the "stuff that helps with editing" kind. Should we keep all of them here? separated in two sections? as a new page/category? --DonRedman